To meet the educational needs of our students, in 2022 Year 7 students at Gladstone SHS are required to bring an iPad to school. For students in Years 8 - 12 in 2022, we encourage the bringing of an iPad or laptop. We are therefore beginning a process, starting with Year 7 in 2022, where we are transitioning to an iPad requirement for all students. These devices will be used to enhance curriculum delivery, to enable online research and for work production, creation and submission. Connection to the Internet during the school day will be provided via the school network.
Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) are used at Gladstone State High School to enhance the teaching and learning within the classroom. Teachers design learning experiences which facilitate the creation and sharing of knowledge. Many subjects offered at Gladstone SHS require students to use their own device to best engage in a wide range of learning activities. These include, but are not limited to:
- accessing textbooks
- undertaking research and completing assignments
- creating multimodal presentations
- completing competencies in certificate courses
- filming performance in practical classes to analyse and evaluate technique.
- using OneNote in most lessons to learn content, keep class notes, submit drafts and access feedback
- using specialised software to create film clips, compose music and code
In order to participate in the BYOD program, a signed copy of the BYOD Participation Agreement must be returned.
BYOD Charter and Agreement 2023.pdf
If you cannot access your own device, please contact the school to discuss Equity Options.